Thursday, May 7, 2009

Beware of Members Cooking

Dear Journal,

I almost died today.

From the stories that I have told you about my bike riding and devil dogs you would probably think it was something like that.....But it was from a members cooking that almost go me!

This kind lady invited us over for lunch today.

She told us she had to do lunch because her sister who she lives with doesn't care for Mormon Missionaries, So she wanted to do it while her sister was at work.

Well she cooked up these delicious hamburgers and homemade french fries. It just so happened that I was sitting on the end of the table and had a view into the kitchen. We all sat down to eat and had just gotten started when I looked in the kitchen and there were 6 foot high flames coming off the stove. I calmly said "Uh, your kitchen is on fire". We all jumped up and ran in there. I remembered something from scouts that you should never throw water on a grease fire and you should use baking soda.

So I knew that we needed to smother the fire somehow so we started throwing salt, sugar, baking powder, etc. on it until she finally found the baking soda and we got it out.

During all this commotion she had managed to call 911 emergency so they showed up shortly after we got it out. The only problem was that there was a ton of smoke damage to the kitchen. What started out as doing something nice for the missionaries turned into a nightmare that she would have to explain to her sister when she got home.

Needless to say I don't think she will be feeding any missionaries anytime soon.

I also get to tell everyone that I almost died from a members cooking. What a deal!

No comments: