Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Tunnel of Death!

Dear Journal,

Today Hackamatic introduced me to what we lovingly call the "Tunnel of Death".

It is a Tunnel that goes under the water way so it is quite deep to go down and there is NO bike lane or sidewalk so you have to drive your bike down one of the lanes of traffic.

So the first thing Hacks tells me is that we will wait until there is a big gap in the traffic and then we will go in. He told me once we get going to pedal as fast as I can go since going up the other side is a monster.

He wasn't kidding, I bet we got going about 50 mph going down and by the time we got to the top of the other side we were going 3 mph and my legs were on fire! I have never felt such pain, it was horrible but what a rush and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments: