Friday, April 24, 2009

Do People from England Speak a foreign language?

Dear Journal,

I met the nicest lady, she is a convert to the church named Pearl. She is from somewhere in England, I met her about 2 weeks ago and I still can't understand a word she is saying!

She is a black lady and for the first couple of days I didn't even know where she was from. I thought maybe Haiti or somewhere like that. There are a lot of Haitians here.

She has some kind of dialect that I can't understand and mixed with her English accent she might as well be speaking Chinese!

I do catch words here and there but most of the time I just smile and nod my head.

I can tell it frustrates her too but what can I do except pray for the gift of tongues.

I hope that it gets easier to understand her, because she is really nice and best of all she feeds us a lot.

No comments: