Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some Helpful Locals


Dear Journal,

Well Hackamatic and I decided to visit one of the recent converts. I guess Hackamatic baptized him.

It's a pretty interesting story: He is in a gang called the Guardian Angels (I think) Anyway I guess they have reformed from their pasts and are now patrolling the bad areas of town intimidating the local bad guys to not cause any trouble. If they do the Guardians give them a beat down. This guy we went to meet tonight is about 260 lbs of solid muscle, he's a big black guy with dreadlocks and very intimidating. But he had a huge fear of the water so when Hackamatic (Which is only 5'8" 140 lbs) tried to dunk him he went down kicking and flailing in the water. They had to do it 4 times before they were confident that he was fully submerged.

Anyway, I still don't know the area very well and we were in a kind of slummy area of town knocking on his door when this car full of black guys pulls up. One of them yells out of the window "We'll be back for you white boys later" I didn't really know how to respond so I just said "Thank you"

Nothing like getting threatened in your first week!

We never did get to see the new convert I was really wishing he was home after what those guys said.

Oh well we made it home safe.

No comments: