Sunday, April 5, 2009

How I earned the name Elder Greenie

Dear Journal,

I came extremely close to swearing today and I am probably going to spend some time on my knees tonight.

So here the skinny on what happened today.

I was in the shower getting ready for the day when I hear the door of the bathroom open. I figure that Hackamatic must have needed something and would grab it and go.

Boy was I wrong!

Apparently there is a tradition in the mission field, just a little hazing for the newbies.

Let's just say that before I knew what had happened there was a big green dust cloud surrounding me in the shower. As you know Green Jello and water don't really mix if you are trying to get clean. If you are trying to make Jello it's great.

Well needless to say I look like the freaking Hulk (Minus the muscles)

I am green from the hair on my head to my waist.

I was soooooooo MAD! But then all I could do was laugh right along with Hackamatic......He'll get his before we are done, maybe that isn't the mission way but I can't let this go unpunished.

So the rest of the day I had to go around looking like a big stalk of celery. I could only get most of the green off, but not all. Lucky today was P-Day and not a teaching day.

I really loved walking down the street and people yelling "There goes the Jolley Green Giant" or "I've heard of a green thumb but...." Well you get the picture.

Anyway I can't wait to do this to my trainee when I get one!!!

No comments: